|[ This is Cupcake #4 from Ming Makes Cupcakes ]|
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp red food coloring
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, egg, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- While mixing at medium speed, gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
1 stick room temperature butter (8 Tbsp)
2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
a dash of almond extract
- Beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, milk, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until spreadable consistency.
- Add additional sugar if needed.