2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cookie Cutters (one large, one small)
Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend the dry ingredients.
- Roll out dough out flat.
- Cut out the cookies with a large (heart) cookie cutter and transfer to a baking sheet. Then cut out the center of the cookies with a smaller (heart) cookie cutter.
- Place 2 Jolly Ranchers in the center of each cookie.
(can break up Jolly Ranchers if you'd like more than 2 colors in each cookie.)
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
(To prevent sticking, place waxed paper between layers of cookies.)