1/2 cup butter
5-6 drops of food coloring
1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil and add food coloring.
- Stir in the flower with a fork and mix until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the eggs with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon dough in heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut open and spoon out any soft innards, and fill with desired filling just before serving.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
Whipped Cream Filling with Vanilla Beans
1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 inches of fresh vanilla bean, split and stripped
- Ina chilled mixing bowl, mix cream, sugar, vanilla, and stripped vanilla beans on high speed until stip peaks form.
- Chill until ready to serve.