1/2 cup butter - room temperature
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
plus 2 Tbsp for the Oreo chunks
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 large egg whites - room temperature
1 pkg mint Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F and insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- Twist apart 24 Oreos and place filling side up in the bottom of each paper liner.
- Cut other cookies in half, and save 24 halves to place in frosting.
- Crush the other cookie halves, also for garnishing.
- stir in sugar, then beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg whites and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the quartered cookies.
1 cup + 2 Tbsp butter - room temperature
5 1/2 cup icing sugar - sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 to 1 tsp mint extract (it depends on how strong you want the flavor)
2 - 4 Tbsp milk
Green food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and 1/2 cup of the icing sugar together until well combined.
- Continue adding the icing sugar to the butter mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Once the buttercream mixture starts to get stiff, add the vanilla and mint extracts, and 2 Tbsp of the milk.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all of the icing sugar is incorporated into the butter mixture.
- you may want to add in more milk 1 Tbsp at a time until you reach a desired consistency.