This is something my boyfriend really wants me to make for him soon.
...but with "MORE BACON!!" of course... haha :)
4-6 Lunch Servings
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more for salting the pasta water
1 lb fusilli (corkscrew) or other pasta
3/4 lb bacon, diced (about 1 cup cooked)
3 cups heavy cream
2 cups firmly packed shredded sharp cheddar cheese
(about 1/2 pound, avoid pre-shredded cheese!)
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a medium (6-8 quart) pot of water to a boil. Salt it generously.
- Stir in the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain and return to the empty pot.
2. Meanwhile, place a large (12-14 inch) sauté pan over high heat for
- When hot, add the bacon and sauté until browned and
crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and remove the bacon from the pan
and drain on paper towels.
3. Pour off the fat from the pan into a storage container and return the
pan to medium-high heat.
4. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits
from the bottom of the pan.
5. Lower the heat to medium and continue to simmer until the heavy
cream is reduced slightly, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the cheddar cheese and bacon.
7. Stir well and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the
cheese has melted and the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper. [or anything of your choosing!]
9. Stir the sauce into the cooked and drained pasta in the pot.
10. Place over medium heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes to thicken the
sauce and allow the pasta to absorb the flavors, stirring occasionally.
...and of course you can always add "MORE BACON!!"