Monday, December 19, 2011

Snowball Cookies / Russian Teacakes

I haven't tried these, nor have I seen them anywhere, but they look interesting and I will try to make them sometime this week with my nieces and nephew.

Ingredients:
1 cup             butter
1/2 cup          sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp             pure vanilla extract
2  1/4 cups     flour
1/4 tsp          salt
3/4              finely chopped nuts (optional)
*[I don't like nuts so when I do attempt this recipe I will not use them]

Directions:
1.   Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla thoroughly.
2.   Stir flour and salt together.
3.   Blend the two mixtures together.
4.   Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them on an un-greased baking sheet.
5.   Bake 10-12 minutes at 400F, or until set but not brown.
6.   While still warm, roll in powdered sugar.
7.   Cool completely, then roll in powdered sugar again.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

They look good, I've heard good things about them.
One note that I've found my going through other site's comments is that if you do add anything like chocolate chips, that you may want to try the original recipe first to see if you'd find chocolate compatible with them, and to also have any extra ingredients very finely chopped otherwise they won't bake the same and may look contorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment