Monday, December 19, 2011

Chocolate Crinkles (7)

{
I have made these, and they are great!
I made them with my niece, and offered one to my boyfriend to try later on.
...he stole the whole tub, hid, and ate them all.
Let's just say they're good.
Oh, and he's 21 and a sugar-addict.
So this behavior isn't all that unusual...

Ingredients:
3                eggs
1  1/2 cups     sugar
4 ounces      unsweetened chocolate,
                 melted (4 squares)
1/2 cup         cooking oil
2 tsp.          baking powder
2 tsp.          vanilla
2 cups         all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar - for rolling in before baking

Directions:
1.   In a mixing bowl combine beaten eggs, sugar, melted chocolate, cooking oil, baking powder,
     and vanilla.
2.   Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined.
3.   Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
4.   Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
5.   Roll balls in powdered sugar and coat generously.
6.   Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7.   Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are crackled.
8.   Cool cookies on a wire rack.
9.   Sprinkle with more powdered sugar.

So I have made these, but I did not take pictures because it was before I had even considered making a blog.
So the picture above I did find online, but I promise they look EXACTLY like that!

Also, a friend gave me the idea to cook in pieces of candy cane for the holidays, he claims they are very good! He said it works best to put candy canes or mint candies in a blender and blend them until they are very fine particles, then mix into the batter before chilling in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment