Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites (7)(10)
I loved them, of course!
I used the square checker pretzels because i also made Chocolate Love Buttons with them, so I didn't want to buy 2 backs of pretzels. I also dipped them in milk and white chocolate! yum!
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar (maybe more)
3/4 cup brown sugar (maybe more)
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
120-160 pretzels (makes 60-80 bites depending upon how much of the mixture you put
between each one)
1. Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a large bowl with a fork/whisk/stand mixer.
2. Add the powdered sugar and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
3. Roll the mixture into balls. If they still stick to your hands add a little more of each sugar until
they are thicker and less sticky.
4. Roll each portion (about a teaspoon) into small balls and sandwich them between two
5. Stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.
6. Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals,
stirring occasionally until completely melted.
7. Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each halfway into the
8. When they are all dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely.
9. Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time.
Posted by GTU100 at 4:50 PM