Monday, December 19, 2011
Homemade Thin Mints (5) (6)
I am very exited to try these!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 stick butter (14 Tbsp)
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp mint extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp mint extract
1. Mix together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter until smooth.
3. Add sugar and beat for 1 minute.
4. Add milk, vanilla, and mint extract. Beat for 1 minute. Slowly add the dry ingredients
5. Once mixture is well-combined and resembles small pebbles, use your hands to form a ball.
6. Roll the dough into a log and wrap in wax paper.
7. Chill for 2 hours.
8. Slice into thin rounds and place on parchment.
9. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
10. Melt chocolate chips in a bowl set in simmering water.
11. Once melted, add mint extract.
12. When cookies have been cooked and become cool and crispy, coat
them in chocolate by dipping them or using an icing knife.
Posted by GTU100 at 8:16 PM