I know my boyfriend will LOVE these.
He loves cake batter ice cream, so why not?
I'm thinking I'll make these closer to Christmas and give some to him. :)
6 ounces high quality dark or extra dark chocolate, chopped
12 ounces high quality white chocolate, chopped
3 tsp white cake mix
Sprinkles of choice
*Original post used Callebaut Chocolate brand
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Chop chocolate.
3. Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave or double boiler.
- To use a microwave, place the chopped chocolate in a
microwave safe container, and heat for 20 second intervals,
stirring each time with a silicone spatula.
- Make sure to not burn the chocolate - stop melting when
there are few small bits left un-melted. They will melt
through the contact heat of the other chocolate!
4. Pour melted dark chocolate onto your parchment and spread
until desired thickness is achieved.
5. Free for 20 minutes for the chocolate to set.
6. Melt the white chocolate in the same fashion as the dark chocolate.
7. Whisk the cake batter into the melted white chocolate until smooth. Let sit for approximately
3 minutes to slightly thicken.
8. Remove pan with set chocolate from the freezer and pour white chocolate on top. Again,
spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
9. Put the sprinkles on right away!
10. Freeze for 20 more minutes.
11. Once set, take out of the freezer and break or cut them into pieces.
12. Store the bark in the refrigerator.