|[ This is Cupcake #10 from Ming Makes Cupcakes ]|
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of cloves
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 cups peeled, diced apples
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, egg, and oil.
- Add apples.
- Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
- Melt butter, sugar, and heavy cream in saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Frost cupcakes once cooled.