|[ This is Cupcake #14 from Ming Makes Cupcakes ]|
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp red food coloring
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add shortening, buttermilk, vanilla, and food coloring.
- Beat for two minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat for two minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
8 oz. semisweet chocolate
1 tsp expresso powder
1 cup room temperature sour cream
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Melt chocolate and espresso in metal bowl set in simmering water.
- Let cool while mixing sour cream, honey, and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Mix in chocolate slowly and stir well until blended.