Tissue Paper (any colors you want)
Mod Podge (matte finish) - In a pinch, you can use school glue
Glass containers to fit your candles
Paper punches in various shapes
- Cut out the tissue paper shapes that you want. Punch out quite a bit, you can always do more later if you didn't cut enough.
- Water down some Mod Podge (not super drippy, but thinned-out).
- Start putting your tissue paper shapes onto the glass using your paintbrush.
- Tissue paper is so thin you can pick up the pieces with the wet paintbrush.
- You can brush Mod Podge onto glass first, then stick the paper shapes, just brush over the shapes again afterward so they are saturated.
- Tissue paper rips easily so do not be rough, take your time and brush gently.
- You can overlap shapes if you prefer.
- If you'd prefer the areas to be clear, simply dip a Q-tip in hot water and carefully scrub off the Mod Podge.