|[ This is Cupcake #11 from Ming Makes Cupcakes ]|
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and egg.
- Add milk and flour mixture alternately while still mixing.
- Pour into lined cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Melt chocolate and cream in metal bowl set in simmering water.
- When smooth, spread on top of cupcakes.
1 stick room temperature butter
2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
a dash of almond extract
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Beat until spreadable.
- Use a knife to cut a cone shape from the top of the cupcake,
- Trim the bottom, fill hole with cream and cover with remainder.