**Just note that for the given recipe, it is naturally a golden color.
*Also if hard candy isn't your think, try just using chocolate!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
a few drops food coloring (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and food coloring over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar until it comes to a boil.
- If you stop stirring before the mixture boils, crystallization may occur.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, swirling the pan occasionally but not stirring, until the mixture reaches 300F.
- Remove from heat and dip spoons, holding them by the handles and coating as think as you would like.
- Place rounded side down on your prepared baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles while they are warm and sticky.
- Cool completely.